Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Socks and a Tart

Haven't had much time to blog what with school vacation week, work, a Kindergartener and pre-verbal toddler, but I have had time to knit (mostly after the latter two go to bed). I finished my husband's socks a few weeks ago:



Note: those are his legs, not mine. The Smart Superwash got really nice and soft after washing. I luckily did not forget and put them in the dryer.

Betsy from my knitting group inspired me to look into my unfinished object (UFO) bag and finally finish the Baby Tart hat. It ended up being too big, but it's cutely too big on my daughter Z. She wouldn't let me take her photo this morning, but my Mac was more obliging:



She looks very adorable in it, trust me. She even scored a free cookie from the ladies at the bakery when she wore it to the grocery store on Sunday. OK, so they give all kids free cookies, but they did admire the hat!

I also finished the Z Weasley sweater, started my son's socks and added onto my Clapotis. Those photos will have to wait til next time...

3 Comments:

Blogger grumperina said...

Z is adorable, hat or no hat! But the hat is pretty cute, too, and doesn't hurt the cuteness factor.

Ask me about sweater shaping after the cardigan is completed and actually fits :). I'm a bit nervous about it, it looks so drastic! But perhaps (just perhaps) the absence of drastic shaping is the reason store-bought cardigans never fit me.

We all use LB yarns sometimes. In my FO gallery, there is a striped toss pillow cover, and it's made from Homespun (shhh, don't tell anyone).

Princesses are typically exempt from all kinds of things :).

11:10 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I'm glad those aren't your legs! I saw the picture before I read the post and was about to tell you that you really need to use a better camera because your camera phone is not flattering your legs! But now that I know that they are hairy man legs, I feel better. :)

10:51 AM  
Blogger alison said...

Awww, baby tart hat! So jealous that you have a girl to knit for.

Congrats on pulling it out of the UFO pile!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home