Friday, January 21, 2005

Look out for the gator, baby!

Or gators, plural, in this case. Here are R's gator mittens, although he sometimes changes his mind and says they are dragons.


I have finished 3XChic (woo!) and am on the sleeves of the V-neck alpaca boucle. I must've knit too tightly or lost gauge on the latter, as I'm about to run out of yarn on the first sleeve. D'oh! I already have ordered an extra ball from Patternworks.

The knitting class I've been going to on Thursdays has been holding a tutorial in making toe-up socks on two circular needles - pretty cool. I have one sock for husband in progress on double points, so I can do a comparison test of the methods.

I checked out the Wild and Woolly sale last weekend and came away with two sweaters' worth of yarn - Lana Grossa Due Chine in a brick red (am thinking a cable-trim pullover) and Berroco Softwist Bulky in black (perhaps the Rowan Dune pattern from the Knitting Pattern A Day calendar. It's a November 2005 pattern. Yes, I looked ahead, whatcha gonna do about it?).

This post's title comes from, or is perhaps paraphrased from, the movie The Big Easy. I liked the movie, but then am not from New Orleans so cannot tell if the actors' accents were legit or not. It does irritate me to hear people get New England accents wrong. Wow, did the IMDB reviewer ever hate the movie. Go figure.

New Orleans-related note: my daughter Z is currently obsessed with mardi gras beads. She wears them daily. Usually green ones.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the gator mittens -- even cuter in person! (Although, in the photo, it looks like he's answering your phone. Wish l had an alligator to take my calls for me!).

I love the softwist bulky. It's one of my favorite yarns. I think it will make a great sweater, comfortable for every day, but with that little extra shine to make it special.

See you next Thursday!
-Danielle

12:08 PM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Those are so cute. Well done!

2:23 PM  
Blogger grumperina said...

So cute! I can see how they resemble dragons. The November Rowan Dune pattern is so classic and classy, good choice. Also, I never knew but we have the exact same initials!
Kathy

4:49 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

those mittens are just too cute! i hope that r totally loves tbem.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home