Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Almost Weasley

We're getting close to a finished Weasley sweater. I had to rip out and redo the rollneck. It's really big now, but my son likes it better. He was ready to wear the thing as a sleeveless vest! One sleeve down, one half of one to go. Maybe I can finish it for Thanksgiving? I am also on the V-neck of my 3XChic...my first V-neck, and I'm not sure I'm doing it right. We'll see. Then sleeves for that one too.

I am determined that December will be my gift knitting month...I did a test lace bookmark and will dig out the crochet hooks and thread to make a few snowflakes. Just to undermine myself I also ordered some patterns and yarn from Patternworks. I'll make myself another V-neck (assuming I learn how to the neck shaping properly) in Alpaca Boucle and a variant of the Weasley for my daugher in Plymouth Encore (larger needles, hooray). As I don't think I'm quite skilled enough for Rogue yet I also bought a pattern for a pullover with cable detail on the neck and trim.

Stay tuned for an imminent finished Weasley!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

That looks great! I love how all of these HP sweaters are turning out. Congrats on reaching the home stretch.

-Wendy
www.thebookishgirl.blogspot.com

11:52 AM  
Blogger alison said...

Looking great! So glad you've got the neck right. It's no fun trying to put your handknits on a kid who isn't excited about them. Looking forward to the finished pics! :)

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home