Tuesday, January 02, 2007

WoW, knitting!

My husband (who was amused/horrified to see I referred to him as "DH" in earlier postings) is an avid player of World of Warcraft. One of his WoW guildmates just became a dad, and my better half/ball and chain/hunky studmuffin said 'Can you knit him something "Warcrafty" as a baby gift?' This seemed to fit the bill - it's Chile Con Yarne's Baby Viking Hat pattern:



Alas, the rivets don't show up well in this photo. Can you read the cute but geeky WoW item tag that my POSSLQ/partner created? Click on the photo for a close-up.
Yarn: Lion Wool Ease; Sz 7 Pony Pearl dpns; ties crocheted with my index finger because it was late and I couldn't find a crochet hook.

Note: no, that is not the baby wearing the hat, that is a stand-in basketball. And no, that is not a standard size basketball. I do have *some* sense of gauge, thank you very much.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice baby viking hat! Perfect for the future warcraft player.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Or for actual baby vikings.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Nadira said...

Eeeek, that's cute! Do you think the baby in question would enjoy a chicken viking hat too? I made one as a test-run for an adult-sized version, and still haven't found a baby with cool (or geeky) enough parents to enjoy it.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Bostonworkerbee said...

that is perhaps THE most awesome baby hat I have ever seen. Forget about those berry/eggplant hats now.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home