Thursday, March 03, 2005

Z is for Zesty

Here is my 16-month-old daughter Z in her new Weasley sweater. Hi, Z!



I hope I made this big enough to fit her for another year. It's still cold here, so at least she can still wear it this month. (Plymouth Encore in Cranberry Heather with leftover wheat-colored yarn for Harry Potter kit from Yarn Warehouse).

I finished the Schaefer Anne cowl and gave it to my sister for her birthday. She liked! This week I hope to finish my Clapotis scarf and R's cotton sock. He has stipulated that the socks must be yellow with orange toes and heels. Well all right. After that I can start on the raglan pullover for me - like I said, it's still cold here. Oh, and I also have almost finished my square for the knitting group wall hanging. Weaving in ends from multicolor granny squares is a pain.

This morning R wore the red hoodie I made him to school. I am always a little surprised and flattered when he wears this, as it was the first thing I ever knit and I did a horrible job picking up the stitches around the collar. But he's 5, so what does he care about evenly picked up stitches? He loves it, and I get warm fuzzies whenever I see him wear it. He probably gets them too as the sweater has pilled quite a bit.

Because I have posted two photos of R in his Weasley I suppose it is only fair to do the same for Z. Here is an action shot taken after she and her brother have trashed the living room while watching Lazytown:

7 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

You go, Super Z!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is such a cherub! I love her little blonde bob :)

Jeff and I also think Riley is super-cool, of course I have to rely on Jeff for the relating-to-Mario part of it.
What yarn did you get for the next sweaters you have planned?

5:13 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Awesome Z weasley! They're fun to make, aren't they? And judging from your pics, they're fun to wear too!

Ugh, Lazytown!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the great birthday wishes. You described a perfect day for me - knitting, reading and relaxing. It was a fabulous birthday and I appreciate your thoughtfulness!

The little one is a cutie. And the socks...it's winter...those must be your legs. ;)

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the weasley turned out so well! and zoe is very cute in it.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!

Stephanie
(yarn harlot)

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zowie!
Love that Weasley, girl!

Greta
LifelongKnitter

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home