Monday, February 26, 2007

If my children were current rock bands

An analogy that came to me this weekend:

If my children were rock bands, my son (7) would be Death Cab for Cutie, and my daughter (3) would be the White Stripes. I guess this means I have an emo son and a rockin' daughter.
Though in practice son R has shown an affinity for both the stadium rock parts of SpongeBob SquarePants episodes and Sweet Child of Mine as performed by dad within Guitar Hero. And Z's most requested song in the car is Fatboy Slim's Going Out of My Head.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben Brophy said...

Some of the bands on Nathan's playlist are The Pixies and the Breeders, classic Lou Reed, Johnny Cash and the Beatles. More contemporary choices are Juanes, the Teddybears and Cat Power for mellowing out.

Mostly he wants strong rhythm and lyrics involving vehicles (e.g. "Drivin' on 9," "Sattelite of Love," "Yours to Keep" (aka "We Can Drive Around with the Top Down").

12:35 PM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

That is hilarious!
You got me thinking about this analogy. Little Man is absolutely emo. In fact, a couple years ago I spotted a photo of Beck and thought, "good god, that's exactly what he'll look like as a man!" Perhaps those moody intense personality traits will roll into some highly satisfying career for both of our boys.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When I ask Ben if he wants to hear some music, and he says Yes, it better be vintage Stevie Wonder - as in, "You Haven't Done Nothin'". Pretty soulful for a viking.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home