Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Noam Chomsky and Nacho Cheese

Something I recently had to say to Z that I imagine most parents have not had to say to their offspring:

"Honey, please don't step on Professor Chomsky's foot again!" For the record, NC was cool about it (and was lucky the damage wasn't worse as Z was running full tilt).

House renovation news: they are doing the blueboarding today, so we're picking out paint colors. The architect and designer from the furniture store helped me make selections. Dining room will be a pale sage green, living room and hallway a taupe-ish color called Malton, our bedroom Colorado Gray, Z's room will continue to be light blue (Forget Me Not), and R picked his room color solely based on the name: Nacho Cheese. Yes, it looks like liquid, pump-dispensed fluid fromage. With white trim it might actually be okay. This however has led to a daily gag: "This is my cheese!" "It's not your (nacho) cheese!" "It's my cheese!" "It's nacho cheese!" Ah, hilarity.

Also thinking that the title of this post should be part of an REM song...

4 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Oh my. Your family is too funny!

1:10 PM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

tee hee. did you give chomsky a kiss for me? no? why not? he's nacho squeeze? [sorry, i couldn't resist]

10:13 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oh, wow, I can't imagine waking up to nacho cheese!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll see your Professor Chomsky's feet and raise you a "Ben, please don't write over TimBL's notes."

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home