Monday, October 25, 2004

Sports trumps knitting; Secret Pal rules!

First off, a huge thank you to my secret pal for my new bevy of gifts - a needle case and a variety of lovely yarn. I didn't get a chance to take a photo to post yet, but I shall. I'm pretty amazed that my SP has even had time to think of me - she has a lot going on in her life.

Because I live in New England and am a sports fan, not much knitting has happened in a few days. I gave my officemate a lesson on Friday and got her started on a ribbon scarf. Might be tricky as a first project - the ribbon is wide and it's easy to poke through it. But, she caught on pretty fast and made some progress on it over the weekend. I also loaned my daughter's teacher my copy of Stitch and Bitch. Guess I'm a knitting evangelist now.

Why not much knitting of my own? On Saturday and Sunday I was nursing a case of Red Sox fever. We had friends over for Saturday's game (knitting around barbecue unadvised), and yesterday my husband and son went to the Patriots game, leaving me in sole charge of baby daughter. Thus knitting group was out, and I was too nervous watching the Sox victory to pick up the needles. I'm keeping the faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home