Monday, January 31, 2005

Sock it to me

I joined the Sock It To Me knitalong! I knit a sock! Wanna see?


I'm making a pair of socks for my husband who starts at a new job making robots this week. (Note: if you have small children, they will be extremely excited to learn you will be making robots for a living.) The socks are made from Sandnes Smart superwash sportweight on size 3 dpns. I think I finally have dpns down - I'm actually enjoying using them. One sock is done and the other is about 2/3 of the way there. I used the Yankee Knitter Classic Socks pattern - it's very straightforward.

My next post will show you a picture of and detail my tribulations with the alpaca boucle sweater.

What's on tap for February?

Definitely: the scarf for my sister in Schaefer Anne (sis' birthday is in March, get cracking); my square for the TG thank you project.

Possibly: start Weasley sweater for daughter; finish Clapotis (did you see Betsy's? Oh my, is it gorgeous!); start either Rowan 23 Dune (in black Softwist Bulky) or cable-trim raglan in Due Chine. Finish Regia socks for son (one underway). Start reverse bloom washcloth for other sister's birthday in April.

Probably not: finish Baby Tart hat (daughter currently in "pull off all hats" mode, plus it doesn't cover ears so no incentive to complete it in timely manner); crocheted baby blanket (baby is now toddler and shows predilection for fleece).

1 Comments:

Blogger grumperina said...

The socks are looking very nice! How are you finding working with 4 dpns (as opposed to 5)? I have a hard time if I've got the sock only on three needles, and convert all patterns which call for sets of 4 dpns to 5.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home