Monday, September 19, 2005

Full of hope

Here is my finished Hopeful drying last week. I have since worn it twice and love it to bits.


Specs: Sirdar Snuggly DK in Khaki green, not quite 4 balls; size 6 needles (Denise). I made the largest pattern size.
The Snuggly is a very lightweight yarn, so it was nigh on impossible to press the seams flat, but luckily the ribbing stayed put just fine. I could've made the sleeve openings a little bigger but they are ok as is. Once my daughter is a little older, I'd be tempted to make myself another one of these in Wool Cotton. It's very cute. And did I mention my husband really likes it on me? 'Nuff said.

Currently on the needles:

Rosebud. More stockinette in the round on size 5 needles. I need another long car trip or something because I frankly get too too bored. Plus I must've missed a couple decreases because I'm ready to start the ribbing but have too many stitches. And while I love the Dale Svale, I am getting less enthused with the pale pink. As I was getting curmudgeonly about this, I decided to start...

Cinxia. Subway Knitter was counseling me on whether Softwist Bulky would work for this. She feels it would be best to rework the pattern for the heaviness of the yarn and is I think planning to do that. As an experiment (I.e. because I don't know how to adapt patterns and am lazy), I'm knitting a smaller size to account for the different gauge and will see how it goes. It's not that fitted a garment, so maybe it'll work out. If not, someone will get it for the holidays, heh. I have finished the slip stitch trim and have done the first row of twisted stockinette (I was attracted to the pattern by the complete lack of stockinette!) but again have a different number of stitches than the pattern says I should. After just one row! I mean, I know I am math impaired, but honestly. I'll figure it out tonight.

Hoodie for Z - on last sleeve, may finish it this month so it can be a birthday present

Lap blanket for my mom - in Patons Divine, froth, froth. Also hard to work on for long periods at a time - size 13 needles.

Fair Isle pillow - there's no deadline for this one, as my living room doesn't have a birthday or a baby due or anything. I do have a number of friends with babies due, though, so I should get cracking.

Oh, and I ordered a bag of Noro Sumile Multi 102 from Webs. Was thinking I'd use it for a Klaralund, but am now reconsidering. My husband saw the Klaralund photo and said he thought it wasn't "form-fitting" enough. Maybe a Rosedale United? Or the Hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts? Any thoughts? Your input is welcomed.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Katie;

The Hopeful sweater is lovely! Enjoy it. At least there is still warm weather ahead.

I have also been thinking of knitting Klaralund -- I am worried about those horizontal stripes on me! I liked the Hourglass sweater too -- it has the bell sleeves and a nice neckline, in case you decide you don't want to do Klaralund.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Katie -- I made my Klaralund with a more fitted shape than the pattern shows. I just selected a size with less ease. I also left the sides vented instead of seamed all the way down, and that seemed to give it a bit of shape, if that made any sense. I will try to bring it in on Thursday, with the pattern, to show you what I mean...

1:18 PM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh ... I like the Rosedale United. The off-center panel is a nice way to break up the monotony of stripes.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopeful is wonderful! I have had a ball of Sirdar Snuggly before and it is so amazingly soft.
I vote for the hourglass sweater, I love those.
I wonder what would happen if your living room had a baby.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your hopeful sweater turned out beautifully!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Your hopeful looks great! Would love to see a picture of you modeling it.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie, I love your Hopeful! It's gorgeous.

I'm also interested to see how your Cinxia comes out. I'm thinking very seriously about knitting that. As for the Noro, I vote for the Hourglass.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Your Hopeful looks great! I hope mine turns out as well after the false start. Thank you for your reassurring comment.

I have been looking at Klaralund for a while, and it looks like a fantastically easy pattern that shows off the Noro striping well. Danielle's comment about the ease solution sounds like it would work very well. But to be honest, I think that the intent of that pattern is to look a bit more like those Mexican ponchos you see all over the border towns. Great for a CASUAL look. Of course, I always thought stripes were more casual anyway.

If you're intent is to have a more dressy look, go for Hourglass.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home