Friday, May 27, 2005

Budding Rosebud and an FO list

I've started on the first decreases on Rosebud, see?



The Dale Svale is so soft, I really like it. Can you tell from the photo that it's a pale pink? I think it'll look ok on me if I have some summer color. In winter I return to being Ghostly-White New Englander of Scottish Irish descent. Am almost tempted to order more Svale from Webs as it's on sale, but I will wait and see how it holds up first.

I'm realizing that I should make a Finished Objects page. On my commute home last night I made a mental list of what I've made in the past 18 months and it's been quite a lot:

3 adult sweaters (alpaca boucle, cable trim, 3XChic)
2 Weasley sweaters
4 pairs of socks
1 hoodie for my son
1 Anouk for my daughter
1 Baby Tart hat
2 flower washcloths
1 scarf-sized Clapotis
1 felted bag
1 cabled hat with matching fingerless gloves
1 Paris Loop
1 crocheted poncho and matching hat
2 lace bookmarks
6 scarves (two kerchief, 4 lace)
1 knitted gift bag for secret pal Marti
Some number of crocheted flowers and snowflake doilies
1 bunny
1 pair Gator mittens
Whew. My fingers hurt just writing that. I feel like I'm forgetting something but am not sure.

Current WIPs include
-fixing the neck on my Shapely tank
-two Haiku for the children of the friend who takes my husband to the ER for his annual softball injuries (one done, one in progress, stashbusting some Cotton Ease)
-daughter's hoodie (sleeves)
-second Disco Colori sock for me
-the crocheted baby blanket that may be finished in time for daughter's high school graduation in 17 years
-Rosebud

Next time: finished Haiku and plans for future projects.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie, you are a wonder and an inspiration!
I advised Michelle to use Flickr.com for her FO gallery, and they also have a nice little bit of code that makes a "badge" of thumbnails on your page.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! That's a whole lot of FOs! You're a very prolific knitter, keep 'em coming!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the yarn looks so nice and soft! thanks for the birthday wishes.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

You should knit Rosebud at the Rosebud in Davis Square!!!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home