Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Mommy, stop knitting please

is what my daughter Z (almost 18 months) tried to say the other day. I was sitting beside her on the couch while she was engrossed in Teletubbies and I worked on her brother's second yellow sock. Suddenly a small person straddled my lap and put her forehead against mine, giggling. I gave her a biiiiig hug, being careful not to poke her with one of the double pointed needles. The yarn got a little tangled, but who cares? Then we played "Trot, trot to Boston." It was really sweet.
A recent post by Dooce made me realize I need to remember these moments.

Much to R's delight, I finished the yellow socks after he and Z went to bed. Upon presentation the next morning they immediately went onto his feet so no photo yet.

On the needles: cable trim for the raglan sweater (actually, I wore it Sunday without the bottom trim - I'm getting a little tired of the cabling), hoodie for my daughter (front almost done - not in any rush), and about an inch of some socks for me in Fortissima Disco Colori that Alasdairgifted me at our yarn swap.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

hey there! i'm glad you enjoyed the colour class, it was a real pleasure to teach :) i better work on getting my blog updated, i'm so behind!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home