Friday, April 01, 2005

No longer secret...

So my "secret project" was a felted Buttonhole Bag for my friend Stacy, whose birthday is tomorrow (head on over to Stacy's Plate and wish her a happy birthday!). The pattern is available at the Mason-Dixon Knitting site, and is made with Lamb's Pride Bulky on size 15 needles, so it works up pretty quickly. I gave it to her yesterday, so now you can see it too. Here's the before, pre-felted:



and here it is after felting (my first felting attempt ever, by the way):



The main color is Garnet, with Blue Magic on bottom and handles, and stripes of Pine Green and Autumn.

Oh, and at lunchtime yesterday I finished my niece's Florida footies:



Done in Classic Elite Star, size 3 dpns. They are stretchy, but I hope they'll be big enough. Her feet are a little bigger than mine - in the past she has sent her aunt hand-me-down shoes. I'm sending them off today for her birthday next week. Happy Birthday Stacy and Emma!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the buttonhole bag turned out beautifully!

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home