Thursday, March 31, 2005

Spring!

So it's finally Spring - the snow is almost all gone from my yard, and the temperature has been in the 50s. I've been working on some Spring-inspired knitting. First, for my daughter's Easter basket:



Fewer calories than a chocolate bunny, which she's kind of too young for still, but which my husband bought and he and I ate anyway. Hee.



OK, Bunny, you caught us. Free bunny pattern is from HeartStrings. It's basically a sewn-up square!

My knitting group made a wall hanging for the coffee shop that hosts us each Sunday. We each made an 8x8 square and we had a seaming party last weekend. I decided to make a colorful square of granny squares; I had begun the squares thinking I would make my daughter Z the granny square jacket from Candy Tots. Luckily reason set in as the pattern calls for 200 2x2 granny squares. Can you imagine the seaming and ends-weaving for that?? R came along to the party and had a good time, although he looks sullen in the photo.

It was also teacher appreciation month, and the Knitting Room now carries Cotton Chenille, so I made two reverse bloom washcloths for my daughter's teachers:



The pattern is in the book Weekend Knitting. I have one more hank of Cotton Chenille and may make another washcloth for a family member's birthday. Or maybe not, I'm kinda tired of making petals. I'm finishing some socks for my niece, and still working on the cable trim for my sweater, which I now probably won't get to wear until fall. I've also been working on some Secret Knitting, the results of which will be made public shortly.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

The "Secret Knitting" has indeed been made public and I love it! What a great felted, striped bag! It's so cute. I can't wait to put a small knitting project in it an tote it around with me.

I don't know how you do it. You must knit in your sleep - or do you even sleep at all? You always have so many projects going on at once and you manage to finish them in time to give to people as gifts! I look up to you, super knitter.

Maybe I'll knit you a cape for your birthday. But I wouldn't finish it in time! :)

Oh, and that bunny is so darned cute in person. You should photo it's tail. It has a very cute rear-end, if I may be so crude to mention.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, hat bunny has turned out so cute! and the bag is great too. and i like the washclothes. you are coming along just fine in the knitting department my dear!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

I absolutely love the bunny! And the flower washcloths are one of my favorite gifts to knit. I love the colors that you've choosen.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home