Monday, March 14, 2005

Ma petite clapotis

Elle est ici! (Here she is!)



Done in Classic Elite Flash in Cool Mix. It's not as fabulous as Betsy's but it's pretty and fun. The cotton isn't as drapey as a wool-silk blend, obviously, but I still like it. Hurrah, another finished knitalong. Also finished one kid's cotton sock, one to go. Forgot to photograph it, though.

I'm cranking away on the top-down raglan, hoping that by working on a bulky weight sweater Spring will hurry here. Did most of one sleeve yesterday at knitting group; now on to the other sleeve and then the cable trim. Would I have bought this pattern if I'd known the entire instructions for adding the cable trim consisted of one line saying "Make cable trim to fit cuffs, neckline and bottom and attach to sweater"? No, I would not have. Note to self: next time don't buy pattern from catalog.

My "carry in my purse" project for the week has been a hoodie for my daughter. Couldn't resist the yarn sale at Building 19, don't you know. The yarn for the hoodie cost a total of $3.99. Woot!



Note the creative use of key fob as stitch holder as I finished the back while attending a conference last week. They served a pasta buffet for lunch before we had to sit for 4 hours - had to do something to stay awake.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that is the first time i have heard of using a key fob as a stitch holder. my personal favorite is diaper pins.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

The clap looks fabu! The different variations on the pattern make it all so exciting!

9:39 AM  
Blogger grumperina said...

Pretty Clapotis! I like the small version as much as the big versions :). Interview for you is up on my blog.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home