Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Life's Little Knitting Victories

I went to the new Somerville knitting group on Sunday. Nice group of people! Maybe too nice - I got carried away in conversation and accidentally purled about 10 stitches on a knit row. Erin suggested I rip out to where the error was (about 3 rows down), but I hate ripping out with this fuzzy yarn (Homespun) - I have a hard time figuring out where the rows are to place a stopper needle, and the yarn itself has twists so I can never get it back onto the needle in the right direction. But, a tip from the Stitch 'n' Bitch book worked - I individually dropped the stitch above each of the ten, fixed each with a crochet hook, and it was like brand new stockinette. Yay!

My other little victory - I bought the Denise interchangeable needle set. So far, I love it! It's a bit weird not to have needles of matching lengths, but they are so nice to work with. Highly recommended. I might get a set for my mom too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home