Monday, September 13, 2004

Weekend Knitting

No, not the book (which I've been meaning to buy) - what I did this weekend. Saturday I came home to find a gift from my SP3 secret pal! Two yummy skeins of Lana Grossa Niki (I think it's enough to make a soft, soft t-shirt for the baby) and a cute ducky soap. My son confiscated the froggy card too - he has it on display in his room. Thank you, secret pal - you made my day!

Yesterday was the Knit Out/Crochet Boston, on the Boston Common. I brought Anouk to work on, but only managed a few rows as it was sunny and hot. I almost wished I had gone to knitting group instead just to get the three hours of knitting done - I really want Anouk done before October. But, the Knit Out was fun - kid activities (my son made three pompoms and festooned his sister's backpack with them), a vendor demo and store area (lots of coupons and a few free patterns), and many many knitters and crocheters. We then went out to eat in Boston to celebrate my son's first day of Kindergarten (today). Wow does time fly. I'd love to say he wore the sweater I made him, but it's still t-shirt weather. He did though transfer one of the pompoms to his own backpack. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home