Monday, August 16, 2004

Another Yarn Sale

Saturday I stopped by The Knitting Room to pick up a cable needle and check out their summer sale. It was a tax holiday, so needles and books were tax-free. Not that this was of much help as my needle was under $2. I bought some non-taxable yarn too, though. I vacillated between some white Berroco Zen and some plum Filati Must for a summer-weight top. I have a few patterns for Zen, but I wasn't thrilled with the color or the cost - even on sale - , so I went with the Must. Now I just have to try to adjust the pattern or gauge as it knits up at 4.5 stitches rather than 4. I did some gauge-swatching last night after the kids went to sleep - I think it'll work best if I increase the number of cast on stitches, as increasing the needle size just made the fabric too lacy. Never worked with ribbon before, should be interesting.

At knitting group on Sunday I finished my first cable project - a nice warm winter hat for DH, whose birthday is tomorrow. Just what he needs in August - well, it is kinda chilly today. I also started on the second sleeve for DS's sweater.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Gee, you sure do have the knitting bug! What happened to your international distress pink blog template? I like your new background pattern. :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

It was more pink than the advertised "rose" so I figured I'd try new looks until it feels right. Oh, and you asked about the iPod cosy - the pattern is in the Stitch 'n' Bitch book.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home