Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Is that some twisted stockinette on your uniform?

Behold - if you can - black does not photograph well - the beginnings of my Cinxia:


I figured out my miscounting issue and my misplaced stitch markers, and am cruising along on the twisted stockinette. It's easier to make out the detail in person, and yes, you really can see the slip stitch edge, even in black (if not in photo):

The Softwist Bulky snags if you even look at it funny. This does not impress me. But, I intend this to be a "keep at the office for when I get chilly" sweater, so that's ok.

I'm also working on a lap blanket for my mom, using the pattern from Weekend Knitting:

Her birthday was earlier this month, so I'm a little late. I'm hoping this cozy thing will make it up to her though.

In other news, I'm presenting at a conference next week and am debating whether to take the train for extra knitting time or drive so I can get home quicker. As it's Z's birthday the day I get back, I will probably drive. My little baby turns 2!

My husband is still getting over his knee surgery, so I hope he can drive by then. To thank me for being nursemaid/single parent/mom's taxi, he bought me the Thin Man box set on DVD! Now I can channel my inner Myrna Loy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, I'm just happy to see Cinxia. And now, I need to see her in person as she is looking fabulous. This pattern just keeps jumping higher on my list of potential projects. Oh, and great lap blanket for your mom!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

You will need to get a little dog like Asta to complete the Myrna Loy channeling! I like the beginning of Cinxia. I like the pattern but afraid the cut of the sweater wouldn't look good on me.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Thea said...

Hi Katie - been a while since I surfed around the blogs - Love the green hopeful! But also wanted to mention to you we're having the KSmith Swap on 10/30 - since it's at my house I feel allowed to invite an outsider or two... email me offlist if you are interested and I'll give you the link to info and addy - 4-7pm in the Heights!
Thea

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope the conference went well. i agree, photographing black is an awful experience!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home