Monday, November 13, 2006

Why he's worth three color intarsia

Almost done with the first Jesse's Flames sleeve. Because I have little patience for duplicate stitch, I decided to do three color intarsia instead. The back only kind of looks like crud, but the right side is turning out quite nicely, if I do say so. Let's just hope R doesn't routinely snag a finger in the carried yarn when he eventually puts the thing on.

I wouldn't do ths kind of intarsia for just anybody. Reasons why the boy deserves it (and I may need to be reminded of these if he becomes an obstreperous teenager, but for now he's a very sweet seven-year-old):

I let him get McDonald's after Sunday school, and they forgot his fries at the drive-thru. I doubled back and returned to the window, somewhat aggrieved, and told the clerk what happened. R piped up from the back seat "It's ok, we're not mad. Everyone makes mistakes!"

The other night there was a full moon. I pointed out how bright it was, and he said "Wow, it's like a streetlight for the whole world."

And last night he didn't want to go to bed and kept asking for more books. I finally picked out Runaway Bunny and read him the story (about a little bunny who wants to run away and his mommy who tells him how she'll always be there for him). At the end of the book he said "I don't need to run away because I love you Mommy!" and he went to sleep.

So yeah, you want intarsia, kid? Fair Isle? Entrelac? You just tell Mommy honey and I'll get right on it for you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Awww, what a sweetie! I always love stories of R and Z being cute :)

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing such a great story.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww. R is the nicest little boy I think I've ever met. That McDonald's story is priceless!
I was going through wedding pictures and I've got to send you some of them, the ones of Zoe trying to get your margarita are too funny!
Some day we will update our knitting blog!

11:29 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Cutie pie! He's so sweet!
Let's make a pact right now to remind each other of these moments in 10-15 years.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gargh, my teeth hurt with the sweetness of your post. Love little R!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home