Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy 2006

Oh, it has been a while, hasn't it? I had the best of plans to finish Cinxia and not do any holiday knitting other than finish the lap blanket. I even remember walking back from knitting group with Local Egg and telling her that this year was going to be different from last year. So what ended up happening? In a week I made six beaded votive candle sleeves and a Kidsilk Haze scarf, all for my kids' teachers. I have a photo but it's still on the camera, and as I'm home with the kids because of a snow day, I don't have my cable to download. You can see Grumperina's version though - mine aren't quite as pretty, but Grumperina thought I did ok (she and Omar came to our holiday party, reprazentin' fo' the knitterz). I made two red, two blue and two multicolor ones. Let me just confirm that knitting with 24 gauge wire is murder on the hands! Thank goodness I had a whole tube of my fave lotion, Sally Hansen Radiant Hands and Cuticles. I know, "radiant" makes me think of Charlotte's Web too.

The scarf was another 4-hour scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I think it even took me 4 hours this time. And I finished the lap blanket and sent it to my delighted niece after my mom hinted that she would prefer socks (gave her the stripy Fixation ones at Thanksgiving).

After that, I didn't knit at all for about a week. I had grand plans for finishing Cinxia, but with the kids home and serious basement decluttering to do, it just didn't happen. I'm still on the second sleeve and trying to figure out how the sleeve attachment process is going to work. It's true - I'm the lamest knitalong co-leader ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home