Thursday, October 13, 2005

Hey, Bub.

I'm back from my conference at Yale. I even managed to get some knitting done on Cinxia - I'm up to the armhole openings and now need to buy another circular needle or else free up one or two of my Denise cables so I can move on to the sleeves. I didn't take a photo because, you know, more black knitting. I also used my conference attendance time to make this:



It's a Bubby from the new Knitty. Stacy and Rhonda had also made one, and I needed a gift for a friend's baby who is expected any time now. Because the baby will be an October baby, Bubby was outfitted with an orange crocheted scarf. Here's another shot so you can see the scale - my row gauge was a little different, so he is slightly smaller than the pattern says:


Bubby gives TiVo a big thumbs-up!

This past weekend was Z's second birthday. The yellow sweater is not quite done - am on last sleeve. I am thinking of *not* making it a hoodie but instead adding a crew neck and maybe some colorful duplicate stitch as it's a very pale yellow. I have some (shock, horror) Fun Fur that was donated by someone who probably wishes to remain nameless. I wonder if that would impact the current machine washability of the sweater? Yes, we here at Chez Debutante are almost as concerned with Mr. Washie as is the Yarn Harlot.
Here is a photo of Z at the exact moment she turned two (it's ok, my husband parked the car before taking the picture):



And, because I have to keep things even between my kids, here's R simultaneously doing his Spanish homework, playing Connect Four, building a Bionicle, and having a snack. I think one of my crocheted doilies is under there, and the white bag in foreground has the lap blanket in progress inside. So it's knitting-related. Kind of.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Looks like R lost all of his baby fat (not that he had a lot). You can almost see what he'll look like as a teenager in that picture! Pretty cute - watch out!

As always Z is adorable.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Aww, your kids are so cute!!! So is Bubby.

PS -- Dig the bag you've got the blanket stored in. I think I have the same one at home :)

2:51 PM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh ... they are SO cute. I love Z's little cheeks.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Z!!!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

R looks more and more like M as he gets older! Z is cute as ever.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

both of your kids are soooo cute! and so is the little bear.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,

Haven't seen R in so long...he's really a grown up boy. And such a nice smile! Z looks a lot like you. The knitting stuff is way too technical for me. I'm still trying to finish the scarf I started 2 years ago. After that, I intend to try my hand at weaving. Thanks for leaving a message on my blog. Now they don't all come from my mom!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home