Friday, January 27, 2006

Winter blahs

Cinxia creeps along...I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm just so not into finishing this sweater. I'm about to attach the sleeves but can't really visualize what I'm supposed to do, and I'm the knitalong coleader for heaven's sake. And the twisted stockinette means I have to pay attention whether I'm on a twisty row or not, and the size 10 doublepoints are a pain...aren't you sick of me whining? I sure am. Which is why I've started a Tubey.

This, *this* is more like it. About a mile of stockinette (i.e. suitable for that 45 minutes I have at the end of the day after the kids are asleep, chores are done and I still have energy to lift my arms at all), size 8 needles, yarn that isn't splitty and black (stashbusting the bag of Tahki New Tweed in blue). And, unbeknownst to me, one of my friends at work is leading a knitalong for it!

In between I'm been working on bits of socks here and there...nearly finished husband's first Knitpicks Dancing sock that I've been carrying in my purse since September, and working on booties for the impending baby of my coworkers Bill and Christine. And, the MIT group is joining the Yarn Harlot's Olympics and we're all knitting squares of a blanket to be donated to Afghans for Afghans. Go Team MIT!

I really must do something about Cinxia though. My co-knitalong leader has graciously refrained from pointing out my descent into slackerdom; meanwhile from our mailing list I see others finishing their sweaters. Oy, the guilt.

3 Comments:

Blogger Moze said...

I'm nothing saying anything...but watch my blog in the next day or two...

As for attaching the sleeves, just follow the directions. They make no sense, but they work. (Personally, instead of BO, I'd leave the stitches on a holder and do a PO on the body, then 3 needle the arms to the body at the end insitead of the sewing she recommends.)

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've noticed you knitted the baby tart hat!
it's really cute.
i have some questions regarding the pattern. i was wondering if you can help??

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I am not a knitter, though I do crochet occasionally. Second I don't know you - I found you from a link - a blog of a blog sort of thing. My friend's blog has a link to Poppins Classical Academy, who linked to Stitchy McYarnpants Knitting Borg, and your comment there made me laugh out loud. So loud in fact, that I woke up my roommate, who is presently grumbling down the hallway. I may never see you again, but man, that "All your sock yarn are belong to us" cracked me up! Thanks for that.

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home